2 teens severely burned in Ark. haunted house fire
BONO, Ark. (AP) - Authorities in northeast Arkansas say two teenagers suffered severe burns after a small fire broke out at a haunted house.
The fire broke out late Saturday at Nightmare Productions Haunted House on U.S. 63 between Jonesboro and Bono. Craighead County sheriff's deputy Dustin Norwood says a 13-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy were badly burned when an employee poured paint thinner into a burning barrel, causing it to burst into flames.
The haunted house's owner, Cody Russell, says the teens had volunteered to scare visitors. Russell says he doesn't know why the man poured the chemical into the barrel. The employee has since been fired.
Authorities tell The Jonesboro Sun (http://bit.ly/1baG9lj) the boys suffered severe burns on their faces and necks, and the fire singed off most of their hair.
Information from: The Jonesboro Sun, http://www.jonesborosun.comCopyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.