EL DORADO, Ark. (AP) - An 8-year-old boy was killed in El Dorado when a fast-moving fire swept through a recreational vehicle where he and his mother were sleeping.
El Dorado fire and police officials say Jack T. Gilmore was reportedly trapped in the back of the RV when the fire broke out early Wednesday morning.
The boy's mother, Kristie Stevenson, was transported to a hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. Her injuries were non-life-threatening.
Fire Chief Chad Mosby tells the El Dorado News-Times (http://bit.ly/1jNLKWs) that the RV was parked behind a residence on the property.
Mosby says an electric heater is believed to have started the fire that engulfed the RV in flames.
Information from: El Dorado News-Times, http://www.eldoradonews.comCopyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.