62
      Tuesday
      72 / 53
      Wednesday
      78 / 53
      Thursday
      75 / 51

      Ark. hotel evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

      SILOAM SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - Authorities say four people were taken to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at a Siloam Springs hotel.

      Authorities say a Hampton Inn near U.S. 412 was evacuated late Monday after several guests complained of symptoms consistent with high carbon monoxide levels. Fayetteville television station KHOG reports (http://is.gd/xxJ4Bu ) that about 25 people were staying at the hotel at the time.

      The guests were moved to another hotel in Siloam Springs.

      Authorities say four people were taken to a hospital, and 1 of them remains in serious condition.

      Firefighters say the carbon monoxide leak likely came from a boiler in the swimming pool area.

      Information from: KHOG-TV, http://www.4029tv.com

      Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER