FAYETTEVILLE (KATV) - Jeff Long once again surprised the sports world Tuesday with his hire of Wisconsin's Bret Bielema. Wednesday, the specifics of the offer he used to entice Bielema to Hog Country were disclosed.
The contract is for $3.2 million each year for six years. He can also earn additional money from the Razorback Foundation for speaking engagements. If he leaves before December 31, 2013, he will have to pay $3 million. His buyout drops by $500,000 each year after that until it reaches $500,000 in his final year.
- Win SEC championship game: $100,000
- Win national championship game: $350,000++
- Appear in semifinal playoff game: $200,000++
- Appear in non-title BCS Bowl Game: $150,000
- Appear in Capital One Bowl or Cotton Bowl: $100,000
- Appear in any other bowl game: $50,000
- SEC Coach of the Year: $25,000
- National Coach of the Year: $25,000
- $25,000 - $100,000 based on players' academic performance rates
- $25,000 - $100,000 based on players' graduation rates
- $200,000 cap on academic incentives
- Free access to skybox suite with 12 seats for all home football games
- 20 complimentary tickets to each home game (seat locations TBA)
- Two university-furnished, loaned vehicles similar to those of other head coaches so long as he is employed as head coach
- Free membership to two country clubs (The Blessings and Fayetteville Country Club)
- Moving expenses
If U of A buys out his contract
- Before December 31, 2015: $12.8M
- January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016: $9.6M
- January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017: $6.4M
- January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018: $3.2M
U of A can terminate his employment without compensation
- If he violates NCAA conference rules, state or federal laws at his current or former places of employment
- For any reason at any time subject to the guarantee of employment agreement by the institution's third-party guarantor.
Click here to read the entire offer letter.