Highway repairs to cause lane closures this weekend
(KATV, Source: AHTD) Construction projects could cause some delays for drivers, starting this weekend. According to the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD), there are four major repairs to look out for. The lane closures are scheduled, weather permitting.
At each location, traffic will be controlled using cones, warning signs and barrels.
Interstate 40: Pavement repairs will require an overnight lane closure on Interstate 40 in North Little Rock this weekend.
The work will be performed on Interstate 40 at the Young Road Overpass, which is just east of Crystal Hill, at mile marker 149.
It will require the westbound inside lane to be closed Sunday night, August 18th through Friday morning, August 23rd between 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
Highway 10/ Cantrell Road: Bridge deck repairs on Highway 10 (Cantrell Road) in Little Rock will require a continued lane closure.
The work will require the westbound outside lane of Cantrell Road to be closed on the railroad bridge (Lincoln Viaduct) located just west of Dillard's corporate headquarters in Little Rock. The closures will be Monday, August 19th through Thursday, August 22nd between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. each day.
This work is now expected to continue for the next 2 weeks except for Fridays and weekends.
Carlisle: Bridge repairs will require a lane closure on Interstate 40 in Carlisle.
The work will be performed on the Highway 13 (North Bankhead Drive) overpass in Carlisle. The work will require one westbound lane to be closed between mile markers 180 and 183.
The closures will be Monday, August 19th and Tuesday, August 20th, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. each day.
430/630 Big Rock Interchange: According to Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD), construction will require a weekend lane closure at the Interstate 430/630 "Big Rock" interchange in Little Rock.
Crews will be hanging overhead sign structures. This will require the closure of the northbound I-430 outside lane between Shackleford Road (Exit 5) and Kanis Road. All northbound traffic will be placed in the inside lane as the work is being performed. This means only one lane will be available at this location.
The closure will be Saturday, August 17th through Sunday, August 18th between 11:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
Here's what drivers should know:
- As northbound I-430 drivers approach the Shackleford Road exit (Exit 5), they will be required to transition from three lanes to one lane.
- Drivers exiting northbound I-430 to Shackleford Road should be minimally impacted.
- Drivers entering northbound I-430 from the Shackleford Road will be placed in a yield condition prior to entering northbound I-430.
- Drivers exiting northbound I-430 to eastbound I-630 must use caution when exiting. Drivers will have to quickly move to the right to exit due to the location of the installation work.
- For all drivers on I-430 northbound, traffic will be stopped periodically for 15 minutes as the structures are being placed into location.