CONWAY - Anyone interested in enlisting to protect and serve will soon be able to take the first step.
Testing for entry-level police officers in Conway has been set for Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. at the Conway Expo Center at 2505 EastOak (Hwy 64). Entrylevel tests are good for one year or until the hiring list is exhausted.
You must register on or before July 15th at 4:00 p.m. to be eligible to take the written test. To register, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name, phone numberand email address. Be sure to use an e-mail you check regularly as that will be how they send your background investigation packet.
Candidates who pass the written test will be given a physical agility test on August 17 at 6:00 p.m. at the Conway High School track. CHS is located at 2300 Prince Street in Conway. The test is demanding, so wear or bring appropriate attire and footwear for physical exertion and be sure to stay hydrated. To see a full list of physical requirements, look under "Join the Team" at www.conwaypd.org.
Written and physical tests will start promptly at their listed times and no one will be admitted late. A photo ID will be required at each.
Candidates making it to the physical test need to bring the background investigation packet with them to the physical exam. Anyone who passes the physical is required to immediately turn it the background packet.
The background investigation also includes a truth verification test. Candidates receiving conditional offers ofemployment will also undergo a physical and psychological exam, visual acuity test,hearing exam and drug screen.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Not have any felony convictions or misdemeanor domestic abuse convictions
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and less than forty-six (46) years of age on the date of hire. If an applicant turns forty-six (46) at any time prior to being hired by the CPD, he/she is no longer eligible for hire. An applicant must be at least twenty and one-half (20 1/2) years of age and less than forty-six (46) years of age on the date of the written examination.
Preference points (maximum of5) will be given for the following:
- Current certified police officer requiring no more than the one week refresher at ALETA
- Bi-lingual in conversational Spanish or ASL sign language (proficiency test will be given)
- 30 or more college credit hours with 2.0 or higher grade point
- An additional 5 points will be awarded for 60 or more college credits with a 2.0 or higher grade point
Starting pay for an entry level police officer is from $35,594 annually.
TheCity of Conwayis an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis ofrace, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status,political status, disability status or other legally protected status. Females and minorities are encouraged toapply.