Fireworks lead to evacuation of Beebe high school
BEEBE, Ark. (AP) - Authorities say students at a north Arkansas high school were sent home early Monday after a student was found with fireworks in his backpack.
Beebe Superintendent Belinda Shook says students at the 9-10 high school were evacuated at about 2:40 p.m. Monday. Shook says Principal Mike Tarkington found a ninth-grade boy with what was believed to an explosive device.
Shook tells The Daily Citizen (http://is.gd/gwSPCI ) that the school was evacuated as a precautionary. She says officials believe the boy was carrying commercial fireworks in his backpack.
Shook says the school board will discuss possible disciplinary action for the student.
Information from: The Daily Citizen, http://www.thedailycitizen.com/Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.