Harrison firefighters free man stuck in chimney
HARRISON, Ark. (AP) - Authorities in Harrison say firefighters rescued a man who got stuck in a chimney while allegedly trying to break into a pawn shop.
Police say the owner of Capital Pawn called police Wednesday morning to report that a man was stuck in the building's chimney. Fire Chief Marc Lowery says firefighters pulled the man's arms through the chimney then wrapped a strap around his wrists to hoist him out.
Assistant Police Chief Sam Martin tells the Harrison Daily Times (http://bit.ly/19jUWwY ) that the man had apparently spent the night in the chimney. The man was taken into custody on a commercial burglary charge.
Shop owner Ernest Raney says the man denied trying to break into the store and said he was walking across the roof and fell in the chimney.
Information from: Harrison Daily Times, http://www.harrisondaily.comCopyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.