Helpful tips for successful Black Friday shopping
LITTLE ROCK (KATV) - Thanksgiving is a day to give thanksand be with family and friends, but if you must take advantage of Black Friday deals,here are some helpful tips on how to have a successful shopping experience:
- Strategize to maximize - Always have aplan! Take an opportunity to write down items you want and map out sales. Getthe maximum amount of items at one store; you only want to conquer the crowdonce!
- Charge your phone & grab HEALTHY snacks(water, baby carrots, etc.) - As you are waiting in those long lines youmay get bored and want to munch. The average American eats over 4000 calorieson Thanksgiving, so grab raw veggies. They travel well and can be less thaneven 25 calories.
- Wear comfortable clothes - Although youwant to dress to impress for those friends and relatives you have not seen inawhile, change into flats. It's hard to stand in long lines or run in heels!
- Team work WORKS! Five teams of two! - Youwill need teams to stand in various different lines and people to collectadditional sale items.
- Arrive as early as possible & parkunder lights - It may be light when you arrive, but dark when you leave. Thereis safety in numbers as you take items to your car (another reason to haveteams), and your vehicle will be well lit, deterring conflict.
- Get your tickets. Look for balloons. - Walmartwill not issue you their hourly event items without a ticket, even if you standin line!
- Grab a ticket EACH. You never know who willneed it. - You may only need one ticket, but a family member or friend maycall and ask if you grabbed an extra. The item may be sold out at anotherlocation.
- Do not leave your basket unattended! - Peoplewill take your hot items!
- Think BEFORE you dive into madness! - Forexample, before you jump into the dog pile of 700 thread count sheets, do youreally need the powder blue sheets when your décor is red? Avoid mishaps.
- Clothes are last! - Get those specialtyprice saving electronics first then shop for retail discounts. Most stores willhave electronics on sale on Thanksgiving. Go home and sleep afterwards.Retailers will still have great savings and discounts around 6 or 7am. Themidnight madness will have died down at the mall and stores will still haveplenty of product!
For the full ad of Wal-Mart Black Friday sales click here.Be safe and have a wonderful holiday!