Hot Springs man dies in propane tank explosion
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - A Hot Springs man cutting open a large propane tank died when the work caused an explosion.
Hot Springs police say 65-year-old Phillip Landry was cutting the tank on a sidewalk when the explosion occurred Thursday.
The Sentinel-Record reports (http://is.gd/T6Hm6b ) that Landry worked for a business that makes barbecue grills and smokers. Police say Landry was almost finished cutting what was supposed to be an empty tank when it exploded.
Landry was outside a building where four other tanks were stored. No citations were issued - but the city's planning department tagged the building as unusable due to code violations. Officials say the tanks could not be stored at the building and they were removed.
Code administrator Bart Jones says the building wasn't approved for the work being done there.
Information from: The Sentinel-Record, http://www.hotsr.comCopyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.