Mold Found In Downtown Little Rock Hotel.

Little Rock, AR (KATV)

The Marriott Hotel in Downtown Little Rock confirmed to KATVthat part of their renovation is to remove mold from three of the floors.

A viewer sent KATV an e-mail with pictures of several roomswith mold on the walls. Mold from the floor the ceiling. Greg Johnson used towork for American Mill Work in Cabot, Arkansas. A subcontractor that's helpingrenovate the Downtown Little Rock Marriott.

"At first we didn't know what it was until we startedgetting sick." Said Greg Johnson as he coughing. Greg had called into work forthree straight days after helping to remove some of the mold inside the hotel.He said that is one of the reasons that cost him his job.

The subcontracting company that hired Greg let him go due topoor work performance. KATV reached out to one of those contractors withquestions, but didn't comment on the issue.

Neither did the Occupational Safety and HealthAdministration. OSHA did confirm however that this matter is underinvestigation. They also released a statement saying in part that theirinspectors are trained to "reduce on-the-job hazards and prevent injuries,illnesses and deaths in the workplace."

The Marriott is working on putting together a statement onthe mold. They also told KATV that none of the guests who check-in to the hotelare given a room near the 3 floors that are being renovated. Or near any mold.