Salvation Army begins taking Angel Tree applications
The Salvation Army is opening its Angel Tree application process for needy families beginning October first. The Angel Tree provides gifts of toys and clothing to children aged newborn to 12 years old.
Those living in Saline county can go to 129 North Main Street in Benton October 1st through the fourth, from 9:30 a.m. until noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Residents of Lonoke, Pulaski, and White counties may begin applying October 8th through the 11th and the 14th through the 17th at 1505 West 18th Street in North Little Rock. Hours are 9:00 a.m. until noon and 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
The head of household must bring the following documentation:
- Picture ID for the head of household
- Birth certificates for all children 12 and under
- Social Security Cards, ID cards, custody papers, and/or other legal documents establishing custody of children.
- Proof of income or proof of NO income (Pay stub, DHS letter, Unemployment documentation)
- Verification of SSI/SSA/SSD, Food Stamps, Child Support
- Proof of residency (Utility bill, rent/lease receipts)
- Proof of expenses (Household, vehicles, medical, insurance, etc.)
The Salvation Army will accept applications on a walk-in basis, but asks that you not bring children to the appointment.
If you have applied for assistance with another agency, you cannot sign up at The Salvation Army.