CONWAY (KATV) - The Salvation Army will begin taking applications for Christmas assistance at the Salvation Army in Conway for Cleburne, Faulkner, Perry and Van Buren County residents. Low income families with children ages 12 and under as well as those needing food assistance for Christmas can apply. Qualified residents will receive assistance with Christmas gifts for their children as well as food boxes.
Residents can apply October 23 - 26, 2012 from 10am-12pm and 1pm-4pm at The Salvation Army of Conway at 950 Carson Cove, Suite 106. There will be no make-up days.
All applicants must bring the following:
1. Photo ID for the head of household (driver's license or state ID)
2. Proof of residence: (one of the following) utility bill, phone bill, rental agreement, mail that matches your id with zip codes.
3. Proof of household income: (one of the following) paycheck stub, unemployment documentation, food stamps documentation, any documentation that shows how you maintain your household.
4. Proof of all monthly expenses (rent receipts, utility bills, etc.)
5. Proof of children: (one of the following) tanf papers, birth certificate, shot records that show date of birth, any legal form that has your name and the child's name and dob (social security cards will not be accepted as proof that this is your child)
6. Proof that child or children has same address as head of household such as medicaid form, report cards, shot records or lease agreement.
7. Clothing/shoe sizes for all children (12 and under)
8. Gift suggestions for all children (12 and under)*
Note: do not bring your children with you or you will not be allowed to register. Also, gifts are purchased at the discretion of sponsors. The salvation army only provides sponsors suggestions. It is ideal to keep your suggested gifts at $30 or less.
For more information call the Salvation Army at 501-329-1712 and ask for LT. Jamie Clay or Katie Moseby.