Shelter raises money to help dog hurt by fireworks

© Photo courtesy of 40/29 News

CENTERTON (40/29 News) - The Centerton Animal Shelter cared for a stray dog this week after it was injured by fireworks. The dog was seen in the Appleridge neighborhood running with fireworks strapped to its back. The animal was taken in by the shelter, and workers named the dog Moxy. Other shelters assisted in helping Moxy by posting to Facebook and encouraging people to donate to the shelter for vet care through the fundraising website, Go Fund Me.