UPDATE: Electrical box named cause of Perryville fire

PERRYVILLE (KATV) - The only food and drug store in Perryville burned to the ground Wednesday afternoon.

An insurance investigator found an electrical box in the front office started the fire at the Big Star Food and Drug Store. All 15 employees and more than two dozen customers inside the store at the time of the fire all got out safely.

Store owners told Channel 7 News they estimated around $500,000 worth of inventory was lost in the fire but the store was insured.

The majority owner has lived in Perryville for nearly 30 years and wants to re-open as soon as possible. Until that happens, though, residents will have to travel 15 miles to the next closest grocery store in Morrilton.