Baked Arkansas tomato stuffed with quinoa
Chef Coby Smith
Arkansas Heart Hospital
- 4 Large Arkansas Tomatoes
- 1/2 Diced Onion
- 1 Stalk Diced Celery
- Diced Bell Pepper
- 2 Diced Cloves Garlic
- 4 leaves of Basil Chiffonade
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 4 Eggs Poached
1. In a sauté pan, sauté the onions, celery, and bell pepper, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the quinoa and cook approximately 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
4. While the Quinoa is cooking Core the tomatoes, scooping out all the seeds and juice. Set aside.
5. Once the quinoa is cooked add the basil, and stuff the quinoa mixture inside the tomato.
6. Bake the tomatoes for ten minutes.
7. Bring a pot of water to simmer.
8. Crack the egg into a muffin tin lined w/ plastic wrap and with a piece of sting bring the corners together removing as much air as possible and double knot the string.
9. Gently place the eggs in the simmering water. Cooking about 5 minutes. The white should be set and the yolk should still be runny.
10. Place each tomato on a plate and top with an egg. Serve.