Berry good hand pies
Wye Mountain Flowers & Berries
1 pkg. 2 crust pies dough
2 cups fresh berries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbs. cornstarch
1 tbs, melted butter (cooled)
1 egg white beaten
coarse sugar sprinkles
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Let pie dough warm to room temperature so it will be pliable.
3) In mixing bowl combine berries, sugar and cornstarch. Mix well gently adding melted butter allowing only a few berries to release juice.
4) Unroll pie dough on lightly floured surface. Cut 4-5 inch circles and remove excess. Combine excess roll and flatten to 1/8 inch and cut into circles.
5) Place 1-2 Tablespoons berry filling in center of 1/2 of the dough circles. Dampen edges of that circle and place another on top. Use a decorative cutter or fork for making center vent.
Press fork all around the edge of each pie to seal.
6) Place each pie on parchment paper on a baking sheet spacing about 2 inches apart. Brush tops of each pie with beaten egg white and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 18-21 minutes until bubbly and crust is golden.