• 1 Quart Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
• 2.5 cups Sugar, divided
• 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Apple Pectin
• 1 teaspoon Citric Acid
• 1 teaspoon Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Water
• Place the blackberries in a sauce pan with a bit of water. Heat them until they reach 122° and process them with an immersion blender.
• Combine the Apple Pectin with 1 cup of Sugar and add to the Blackberries. Bring to a boil stirring continuously.
• Add 1.5 cups of Sugar in three parts, bringing to a boil after each addition. Boil for 8 minutes after the last addition.
• Skim off any foam that may form and discard and remove from heat.
• Combine the Citric Acid, Sugar and Water and add to the Blackberry mixture.
• Pour into glass container(s) and place plastic wrap directly onto the Jam to keep a skin from forming. Let the jam cool completely.
• Store in the refrigerator.