Butterscotch bird nests
Kitchen & Bath Concepts
- 3/4 cup blanched almond slivers
- 10 ounces vanilla almond bark
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut or coconut chips (often found in the health food aisle)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup candy-coated mini chocolate eggs (about 50)
Heat a large, dry sauté pan over medium heat. Add the almond slivers and toast, shaking the pan every minute, until they are fragrant and begin to darken in areas, 3 to 5 minutes.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt the almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl according to package instructions. Stir in the butterscotch chips. Microwave another 30 seconds, and then stir until smooth.
Stir in the almonds, pretzels, coconut and vanilla coating evenly. Drop the mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto the prepared baking sheets. Nestle in 1 or 2 of the mini eggs. If the mixture starts to cool and become too firm to work with, microwave for 30 seconds and stir gently. Let the nests cool at room temperature until solid.