Caramelized onion & quinoa stuffed portabella mushroom
Chef Coby Smith
Arkansas Heart Hospital
4 portabellas with stem removed
2 yellow onions thinly sliced
1.5 cups quinoa
3 cups chicken stock
8 oz goat cheese
1. Roast 4 Portabella mushrooms @ 325 for 10 minutes, Set aside
2. Thinly Sliced onions sautéd for 1 hour until very caramelized.
3. Cook 1.5 cups Quinoa in 3 cups Chicken Stock.
4. Mix the onion and quinoa together, and then fill the portabella mushrooms
5. Topped portables with Goat cheese and place in oven until cheese has melted.
6. Plate portabella and drizzle with balsamic reduction
To make Balsamic reduction
1. Place 12 oz Balsamic vinegar in a non-reactive pan and reduce by 75%. Leaving only 25% of the vinegar. Vinegar should be thickened and chilled. The vinegar will last in the refrigerator for up to a month.