Makes: 2 servings
5 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 teaspoon plus 2 pinches salt
1 teaspoon plus 2 pinches black pepper
2 teaspoons plus 2 pinches Cajun seasoning
1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup andouille sausage, diced
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup bell pepper (combo red & green), diced
1/2 cup tomato, chopped
1/2 cup crawfish tail meat, thawed
1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1/2 cup diced potatoes, seasoned and baked
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat broiler
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, 2 pinches of salt, 2 pinches of black pepper, and 2 pinches of Cajun seasoning in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
3. Warm the olive oil in a 10" ovenable skillet over medium heat for 1 minute.
4. Add andouille sausage and saute, stirring, until the sausage begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove cooked sausage with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
5. In a sauce pan, add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent, about 1 minute.
6. Add celery and bell pepper and saute another 2 minutes.
7. Add tomato, remaining black pepper, and salt, stirring 1 minute.
8. Add crawfish tails and 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning, stir until combined and cook 30 - 45 seconds.
9. Stir in lemon juice, then add diced potatoes, stir until combined and then cook another 30 seconds.
10. Pour in egg mixture and allow to sit, without stirring, for 15 seconds. Then, stir from time to time GENTLY with a silicone spatula, scraping up large curds from the bottom of the pan and tilting the skillet to let loose the uncooked egg run onto the bottom of the skillet - about 3 minutes for this step.
11. Just as the eggs are almost set, but still a bit runny, transfer to an oven proof dish, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and place under the broiler for 30 - 45 seconds, or until the cheese melts.
12. Remove from broiler and sprinkle the green onion and parsley over the top
13. Serve immediately.