1 tablespoon oil
1 pound Italian or Cajun style sausage
chicken thighs (one per serving), I like the bone in and skin on and I keep mine whole, but you can use the boneless and skinless and cut into pieces if you wish.
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup bell pepper, diced
1 can rotel
3 cup rice
5 cup chicken broth
1 pound shrimp, peeled
1 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and paprika.
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
chopped green onions for garnish
1. In a large pan heat oil and brown the sausage and chicken.
2. Add the onions, celery and bell pepper and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add the rotel, rice, broth and seasoning, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Gentle toss the shrimp into the pot, cover and cook for 2 more minutes or until shrimp is done.
5. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, serve and garnish with green onions.