by: Julianne Bitely
One whole free-range chicken
1 package of Mulay's andouille sausage
3/4 cup of chopped onion
3/4 cup of chopped celery
3/4 cup of chopped green bell pepper
olive oil for sauteing
3 tsp 365 Worcestershire sauce
3 tsp Melinda's hot sauce
8 bay leaves
4 TBSP chopped garlic
1 jar of Eden Organics crushed tomatoes
1. Preferably the day before, chop all of the ingredients, saving the discarded pieces of onion and celery to place in a crockpot with the chicken and water to cook until done (overnight on low is method). Chicken stock anyone?
2. In a large/oversized saucepan, saute the trinity (onion, celery, and green bell pepper) using just enough olive oil to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, all the stock from the crockpot chicken, hot sauce, Worcestershire
4. Stir in the rice and cook until tender. Approx 10 minutes.
5. Add in the andouille and Creole seasoning and allow it to cook for an additional 10 minutes, adding the shredded chicken at the end to heat up.
6. Voila! Enjoy
Emeril's Creole seasoning: 2.5 TBSP paprika, 2 TBSP salt, 2 TBSP garlic, 1 TBSP black pepper, 1 TBSP onion powder, 1 TBSP cayenne pepper, 1 TBSP oregano (dried), 1 TBSP thyme (dried)