Gluten Free Pumpkin Cornbread
Loblolly Creamery's Gluten Free Pumpkin Cornbread
1cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon molasses
a scoop of coffee ice cream for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, allspice and red pepper flakes until well combined.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, olive oil and molasses until well combined.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Top with a rosemary sprig or two, if desired. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow cornbread to cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.