New England baked cod
2 Ea Cod Fillets or Loin
2 c Ritz Crackers (Crushed)
1 T Parsley Fresh (Rough Chop)
1 c Melted Butter
1 Juice Fresh Lemon
t.t. Fresh Cracked Pepper
t.t. Kosher Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Crushing the Ritz. Using a mixing bowl crush and keep ALL Ritz Cracker pieces together in one bowl. There should be a nice combination of cracker crumbs and pieces the size of a nickel.
3. Combine Crushed Ritz Crackers & Fresh Parsley.
4. Heat Butter in microwave, oven or stove top. DO NOT separate. (Using a glass liquid measuring cup and microwave works well).
5. Using an oven safe baking dish, grease the pan with 1 tsp of Melted Butter.
6. Place Fish in the dish. Squeeze lemon juice over both pieces of fish.
7. Poor half of melted butter over the top of the fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Pile the Ritz Cracker mixture generously on top of the fish.
9. Poor the remaining butter over the top of the Ritz Crackers. It is okay if a bit of the cracker mixture falls in the pan. This will prove to be a tasty treat.
10. Bake in the oven approximately 10-15 min. The thickness and choice of fish will determine how long.
11. Cod is best when it begins to flake and is translucent.