Sage dusted pan fried trout
Chef Brandon Douglas
Green Leaf Grill
- 8 medium brook trout, filets, about 6 ounces each
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2T sage
- 4 lemons, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
1. Rinse trout, and pat dry. Combine 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and flour on a plate. Season insides of fish with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 T Olive Oil and Lemon Juice. Dredge trout in flour
2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, remaining olive oil, in an 11-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 trout, and cook until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. If lemon slices begin to burn, put them on top of fish. Turn fish, and cook until it has a golden crust and is flaky and moist, about 5 to 6 minutes more.
3. Remove fish from skillet. Repeat twice with remaining trout. Serve fish with some of the cooked lemon slices.