(Michael Lanari-Kitchen & Bath Concepts)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, quartered and frozen
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 3 ounces coconut rum or dark rum (adult option)
- 1 cup canned cream of coconut (available in the international aisle)
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted, for garnish (optional)
Place the bananas and pineapple in a blender; puree until smooth. Add the rum, cream of coconut, 2 cups ice cubes and the juice of half the lime; blend until smooth and frothy. Thinly slice the remaining lime half. Pour the colada into glasses; garnish with lime slices and toasted coconut, if desired.