Kitchen & Bath Concepts
• 1 lb strawberries
• 1 cup sugar (to taste)
• 2 cups water
• 1?3 cup cornstarch (if you like your pudding very stiff, use 1/2 cup)
• 1?2 teaspoon extract
1. Clean and rinse berries. If they are large cut in halves or quarters.
2. Bring water to a boil over medium heat. Add sugar and strawberries and simmer until berries are tender, about 8 minutes. You will still have lumps of berries. If you want a smooth consistency, break the fruit up by pushing the berries with the back of a spoon on the side of the pan.
3. Dissolve cornstarch in a little water and add to fruit, stirring constantly. Add vanilla.
4. Bring to rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue stirring and allow pudding to boil a few minutes. The pudding should no longer be cloudy and regain its shine and gloss.
5. Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator until thoroughly cool. Depending on the bowl size and shape, this could take several hours.
6. Optional serving ideas: Top with whipped cream, Cool Whip or vanilla yogurt. Chocolate shavings or a dusting of cocoa are also nice.