Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
12 ounces ground turkey, cooked
2 zucchini, sliced cross-wise thin
2 egg whites
2/3 cup ricotta cheese, part skim
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, reduced fat
1. Thinly slice zucchini and then lay slices on a paper towel to let them dry; 15 minutes
2. add raw turkey to a large skillet and cook. As it is cooking, add a little salt, pepper and garlic for seasoning (about 1/2 teaspoon of each)
3. Pour the Marinara over the cooked turkey and mix until blended
4. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and egg whites together
5. using a 8" x 8" baking dish, add ingredients in this order: sliced zucchini, ricotta mix, turkey/marinara mix. Then, repeat.
6. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cover with foil.
7. Bake at 425F for 25 minutes
Nutritional Info per serving:
You can also use leftover holiday turkey instead of ground turkey. If you choose to use leftover turkey, all you need to do is chop it up very fine or put it in a food processor to shred it.