Tips for approaching Alzheimer's
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KATV) —
Tina Hunter, Director of Programs with the Arkansas Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association, explains how to have the difficult conversation about Alzheimer's with a loved one. She gave six tips for approaching Alzheimer's which include:
1. Have the conversation as early as possible.
2. Think about who’s best suited to initiate the conversation.
3. Practice conversation starters.
4. Offer your support and companionship.
5. Anticipate gaps in self-awareness.
6. Recognize the conversation may not go as planned.