The Old Mill Bread Company creates apple panzanella
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KATV) —
On What's for Dinner, Amanda Ivy with the Old Mill Bread Company creates an apple panzanella salad.
Goat Cheese and Apple Panzanella
1 Loaf Old Mill Cranberry Pecan Bread:
• Cut bread into small cubes and toast in a 425 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, making slightly soft croutons.
• Dice 1 Apple (Gala, Black, or Fuji)
• Toss with 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter and 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
• Lightly sauté and set aside to cool.
• In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook bacon fully and reserve the fat.
• Mince the bacon
• ¼ Cup Honey
• ¼ Cup Bacon Fat
• 1 teaspoon
• Dijon Mustard
• Baby Arugula
• Cold Goat Cheese
In a large Mixing Bowl, toss together all ingredients except Vinaigrette. Drizzle the Salad with the Vinaigrette.