Cheddar zucchini bites with smoked salmon & dill
Chef Brian Kearns
& Simply the Best Catering
• 2 large (16oz) zucchini, grated
• 1 medium onion, peeled and grated
• 4oz Cream Cheese, softened
• 1 cup self-rising flour
• 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup oil
• 5 eggs, lightly beaten
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 4oz sliced smoked salmon, cut into strips
• dill springs, to serve
1. DRAIN excess moisture from the zucchini and combine with onions, 4oz cream cheese, flour, cheese, oil, eggs and seasoning until well combined.
2. SPOON mixture into a greased and lined 22cm x 30cm tin and smooth surface. Bake in a moderate oven at 180°C for 30 minutes or until firm to touch. Allow to cool, then cut into 24 squares.
3. COMBINE remaining cream cheese, dill and rind. To serve, top each triangle with a dollop of cream cheese mixture, smoked salmon and dill. Serve immediately.