Little Rock homicide victim shot in throat identified

Authorities tell Channel 7 a black male was shot and killed near Eastview Terrace Apartments. (Photo courtesy: Little Rock Police Twitter)

UPDATE (1/9):

Police have identified the victim who died after being shot in the throat at a Little Rock apartment complex on Monday.

After further investigation, police learned the victim, Antwan Anderson, 18, of Little Rock, was shot after he had fired shots at a white SUV.

Witnesses stated there had been several black males "hanging out" in the breezeway of 1224 Geyer when numerous gunshots were fired.

Witnesses also saw a white SUV and a dark Sedan leaving the complex at a high rate of speed following the gunfire.

Detectives were able to locate the drivers of the two vehicles, identified as Antonius Battle, 26, and Derious Walters, 22.

Battle told police he was in the parking lot to pick up his child when several black males became aggressive with him and began shooting at his SUV, which police said had multiple bullet holes in it.

According to the police report, Walters told officers he saw the suspects shooting into Battle's vehicle and he returned fire at the suspects, including Anderson.

Both Battle and Walter fled the area shortly after.

According to LRPD, Battle and Walters were both interviewed and released without charges pending the investigation and a file review by the prosecuting attorney.



Little Rock police are investigating the city's first confirmed homicide for 2018 after a man was shot and killed Monday afternoon.

Authorities tell Channel 7 the black male victim was shot in the throat at Eastview Terrace Apartments at approximately 2:40 p.m.

On the way to the scene, police were informed that a white vehicle carrying the shooting victim was leaving the scene. They were able to stop the vehicle at 15th and College and found the injured man.

MEMS responded and took the victim to UAMS, where he was pronounced dead from his injuries.

The driver of the vehicle was being interviewed by police Monday afternoon.

At this time, authorities say they have no suspect information.

In a news conference, they called on the public to step forward with any information in the case.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off