Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

LRPD investigating a mother and son shot in parade of gunfire


Little Rock police were investigating a widespread shooting incident that left one woman and her 16-year-old son injured Thursday, March 24. (Photo: KATV)
Little Rock police were investigating a widespread shooting incident that left one woman and her 16-year-old son injured Thursday, March 24. (Photo: KATV)
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon

Little Rock police were investigating a widespread shooting incident that left one woman and her 16-year-old son injured Thursday evening.

The incident occurred at 2500 Ringo St. where Marquita Brown, 36, was shot in the abdomen and thigh.

Brown then drove herself and two unknown juvenile passengers to the parking lot of a nearby Shark's restaurant and called the police.

At 8:15 p.m., officers responded to a "shots fired" call at the restaurant where Brown informed them that an unknown vehicle pulled up beside and began firing but could not identify a suspect.

Brown then said that she received a phone call from a family member that told her, her son had been shot in the area of 26th Street and Cross Street.

A neighbor reportedly transported Brown's son to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences for treatment.The two underaged passengers were not injured.

Six other residents in the area of South Cross Street reported gunshots of three or more being fired into their homes without injury.

This is an ongoing investigation.



Loading ...