Police: Man arrested after beating son, assaulting two women in Bryant

Police say a man is now behind bars after beating his son and assaulting two other women in Bryant early Tuesday morning. (Bryant Police Department)

Police say a man is now behind bars after beating his son and assaulting two other women in Bryant early Tuesday morning.

Bryant officers said they were called out to a residence on Carywood Dr. just after 1:00 a.m. where the victim, Brock Huckaby, stated that his father, Curtis Huckaby, had come to the house, started acting strangely and began beating on him.

Authorities said Brock had visible injuries to his head and was transported to a local hospital.

Brock told police that Curtis had left the residence in a Range Rover.

About an hour later, officers received a 911 call from someone at the Big Red on Reynolds Road across from the Regions Bank.

The caller stated that a female was lying on the ground screaming and bleeding and needed medical help.

When officers arrived on scene, they found the woman with visible injuries to her face and hands. She was transported to a local hospital where she received treatment for her injuries.

While at the hospital, the woman told police that a male subject, later identified as Curtis Huckaby, had come into the store, walked behind the counter, grabbed her, and brought her outside.

She stated he then began hitting her with his fist and an object he pulled out of his pocket. Huckaby then got into his vehicle and drove over her body with both passenger side wheels.

While speaking with this victim, authorities were dispatched to a third disturbance at the Big Red located at 1524 S. Reynolds across from the airport.

The woman located at this Big Red told officers she was in the kitchen when the suspect entered and yelled for everyone to get down on the ground.

Shortly after the suspect entered the kitchen area, told her he was SEAL Team 6 and said she needed to go with him because the store was "under fire".

When the victim pulled her phone out to call 911 the suspect tried to grab it from her and make her go to his vehicle, however, she was able to press the panic button behind the store counter.

She told police the suspect left the store in a silver vehicle.

During the third victim's interview, the suspect was located across the street on Hill Farm Road.

When officers attempted to make contact with the suspect, Huckaby, he fled, leading police on a vehicle chase.

Officers pursued Huckaby until he ran out of gas, where police were then able to take him into custody without further incident.

Huckaby was taken to the Saline County jail where he is facing multiple charges including kidnapping, aggravated assault, attempted capital murder, second-degree battery, third-degree battery, fleeing, possession of drug paraphernalia, reckless driving, criminal mischief, and possessing instruments of crime.

His bond was set at $2 million.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off